I am an ordained pastor in the Presbyterian Church USA. I have a Master of Divinity from Union Presbyterian Seminary and more than 20 years pastoring Presbyterian Congregations. I was educated by RUAH School of Spiritual Direction at Richmond Hill, an ecumenical retreat center following the mission statement of Jeremiah 29:7, “Seek the welfare of the city to which I have sent you.” I have both learned from and taught in this program.
I am committed to the small church
Three out of four congregations fit into the small church category.Twenty-one years of growing up in a small West Virginia congregation, and twenty-two years of serving a full range of small to almost medium size churches (twelve to one hundred and twenty-five average worship attendance) in Altoona, Pennsylvania; Oak Ridge, Tennessee; and Ashland, Virginia,
My spiritual passions are abundant
- Mysticism – knowledge of God that can be experienced, but cannot be proven
- Theodicy – trying to comprehend suffering in the world through the eyes of faith
- Creating Community – especially in an age of disconnect, distrust, and disillusionment
- Interfaith Dialogue – deepening my faith by listening for common truths about God in other traditions
- Prayer practices – Silence, Journaling, Movement, Imagination, and Contemplating Sacred Texts
I want to better the world by sharing
my skills with others
- Spiritual Direction – for individuals or groups in the Richmond, Virginia Metro area
- Retreat Development and Leadership – I can help you design a retreat that works for your group, or offer retreat leadership, particularly in my areas of spiritual and professional interests.
- Speaking Engagements – at your church, in your book club, over a beer/glass of wine
- Clergy Coaching – for small church leaders
- Church Consultations – for small churches seeking their calling and developing their potential
I hope you enjoy my website and I look forward to supporting you.
Pastor Kerra English
Reach out to me by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org